Household Cleaning Tips
Bathroom and Toilet
- Use bleach to clean your toilet. Spread the bleach all across the toilet bowl, let it settle for 10 minutes, then brush around a bit, before you wash it down with water.
- Clean your bath fittings with a little white vinegar mixed with equal quantity of water. Once you finished scrubbing them clean, wipe them off with a dry cloth.
- You can prepare a liquid soap by diluting all the left over soap bars and use them to wash your sink.
- If your sink doesnâ€™t drain water well, try putting down some hot water. It will certainly clean the pipe.
- Rinse glasses with vinegar water to get rid of sour smell.
- If your plastic ware smells of the food that was last stored in it, fill it with some lukewarm water mixed with a little bit of lemon juice or vinegar.
- You can also pour a quarter cup of vinegar in the rinse cycle for sparkling dishes.
- To clean the stove, use baking soda to scrub the tough stains. Let baking soda settle and fight the tough stains before you wipe it clean.
- To get rid of odor in your microwave oven, take half a cup of lemon juice and mix it with a microwave-safe dish of tap water and heat this mixture on high power setting for a few minutes. Carefully take the dish out and leave the door of your oven open to allow the air out.
- In order to clean the white stains of your dish washing sink pour in half a cup of salt and scrub it with a lemon. Let it settle for a few minutes before you wash it down.
- Wipe your washed sink with a clean cloth or a paper towel to prevent water from staining it.
Doors and Windows
- To clean glass windows, sprinkle some water on the windows and wipe it with an old newspaper piece till the window cleans up.
- You can also sprinkle a solution of white vinegar and water, put it in a spray bottle and use it as a cleaning liquid.
- To clean your wooden doors off dust, especially within the intricate woodcarvings, use a paintbrush to dust it clean.
- Use vacuum cleaner to clean off the dust at the base of the windowpanes.
- Use ketchup with toothpaste to clean your copper ware. Let this mixture settle for a few minutes before the rinse.
- In order to keep your garbage cans clean, always keep a polythene packet inside, so that the garbage gets dumped in the packet instead of the bin.
- To clean the bin off tough stains, use bleach, toilet cleaner or laundry detergent. Let it settle for a few minutes, then use a long brush to scrub the bin clean before the final rinse.
- To keep your wooden furniture sparkling and shining, first clean off the dirt with a clean cloth, then apply a mixture of lemon juice and a little bit of vegetable oil over your furniture with a cloth.
- To remove dust from your sofa set, vacuum over it.
- In order to keep your leather sofas or rexine sofas as good as new, wipe them with a shoe polishing brush that hasnâ€™t been used for shoes.
Floor and Wall
- Sweep and vacuum the floor to clean it.
- To mop use a cleaning liquid that gives the floor a fresh fragrance too.
- Use baking soda to remove tough stains from the floor.
- Use a long broomstick to dust off the walls.
- To keep your blinds clean, keep dusting them everyday.