How to make your House Cockroach Free?
Cockroach infestation is the most common problem faced by almost every home. Besides being common they are the toughest one to get rid off. Cockroaches are the common pests which love to live in humid, warm and dark places. Outside your house they are useful as they help in degradation of organic waste. But when they are inside your house they are not safe as they can spread diseases or allergies.
You must be wondering that why cockroaches are the most popular household pests?? The main reason is that cockroaches are ultra fertile pests. Approximately a female cockroach can lay 35,000 eggs per year. The second reason is that cockroaches can feed literally on anything in this world.
How to get rid of Cockroaches?
Besides feeding on your food they can even damage your books and wallpaper. Moreover they can spread various disease carrying germs and allergens in your family. You need to follow certain steps to rid of cockroach families settled in your house and check their coming back.
- The initial and most important step is to figure out cockroach infestation in your home.
- Secondly you need to find out their entry and exit points in your house. It is seen that cockroaches mainly infest through drain or vents. So once you know their entry and exit points you can seal all the possible points.
- Next step is to kill the cockroaches. For this purpose you can use an insecticide spray, sprinkle boric acid or use cockroach bait.
- In case you want to use boric acid then to 2 parts of flour add 1 part of boric acid and 1 part of cocoa. This mixture is toxic for cockroaches. Dust this mixture in all your kitchen cabinets, under sink, corners, cracks, hollow spaces and around toilets. Remember this mixture is dangerous for kids.
- For cockroach bait you can use water jars or trap with adhesives.
- Other way to exterminate cockroaches is to take professional help.
- The simplest way to get rid of cockroaches is to use soap and water solution. You can simply spray this solution on cockroaches, only 2-3 drops of this solution is highly effective in killing these nasty pests.
What are the Preventive Steps to get rid of Cockroaches?
The simple formula to get rid of cockroaches is to keep your home clean. Other steps to prevent further infestation of cockroaches are listed below:
- Most important step is to keep your kitchen clean. Clean all the spills and crumbs as soon as possible.
- Store all the food in air tight container. Make sure that you donâ€™t leave food in open for prolonged period. Avoid keeping dirty dishes overnight.
- Cockroaches are attracted to water very fast hence you need to fix all the leaking and dripping faucets.
- It is observed that cockroaches hate naphthalene smell so it is better to keep naphthalene balls in the corners and all the dark places.
- Keep all the trash away from your house and regularly empty all the trash.
- Seal all the cracks; this would be a convenient way to get rid of cockroaches.
- Keep all the debris and logs away as cockroaches love to hide in logs and other places. During winter season this would attract cockroaches inside the house.