How To Clean Battery Leaks
Leakage of alkaline batteries is a common issue. They also leave a messy corrosion in electric devices. Here are some ways you can clean your battery.
- If your battery is acidic or alkaline in nature avoid any kind of skin or eye contact.
- If the battery is alkaline in nature use vinegar or lemon juice to neutralize the effect of potassium hydroxide. This chemical content present in alkaline batteries causes skin and eye irritation.
- Clean Acid based batteries, with baking soda and a little bit of water on a old tooth brush.
- Avoid putting water directly on acid based batteries.
- Before you try on a new battery make sure the electronic device is completely dry.
- Avoid mixing batteries in the same electronic device.
Keep these points before you clean or replace a battery.