How to Remove Soft Drink Stains
Soft drink stains are also referred to as soda stains, pop stains, cola stains or fizzy drink stains. These kind of stains can happen any time. There is nothing to worry about removing such stains as these stains can be removed easily. It is easy to remove fresh soft drink stains and to remove remove stubborn old spots can be a little difficult. Some of the techniques used to remove soft drink stains are discussed in this article, read on for more information.
Ways to Remove Soft Drink Stains
The following are a few ways to remove soft drink stains:
Stains on clothes â€“
- Firstly, presoak the stained cloth in a laundry detergent with cold water for 30 minutes.
- Then prewash the stain with stain remover.
- If the chlorine bleach is allowed on the cloth, treat it with bleach and it if it allows hottest water, launder it in hot water.
- The stains will go out after washing it in hot water.
- If some orange stain is still there, you can prepare another presoak solution and put the stained cloth in it for another 30 minutes or for overnight.
- This solution must contain 1/4th cup of chlorine bleach in 1 gallon of water. After this, launder as in above described method.
Stains on carpet –
- To remove stains on carpet, blot the spot with white cloth as much as possible.
- Pour a mixture of cold water and laundry detergent onto the soft drink stain and again blot the stain on the carpet.
- With a damp dry cloth blot up the stain and allow it to dry.
- Vacuum it thoroughly.
- If soft drink stain is still visible on the carpet, use carpet stain remover as per the instructions given over it.
The above are a few effective ways to remove soft drink stains from the carpet.