How to Remove Oil Stains from Walls
Everyone wants to see the walls in their homes and offices to look scintillating clean. But due to some negligence, oils and other substances can dripped onto the walls, which gives a bad look to the walls and makes your home untidy. Oil stains are harder to remove, because if it is not treated immediately, it can set in the wall. This article deals with various tips to remove oil stains from walls, read on for more information.
Ways to Remove Oil Stains from Wall
The following are a few ways to remove oil stains from walls:
- Make a poultice of water and cornstarch.
- Apply this paste on the stained area over the walls.
- Leave it to get dry for at least two hours.
- Then remove it with the help of a brush.
- This cornstarch paste will soak up the oil in the wall.
- Apply a small amount of gasoline on a clean cloth till the cloth gets moist, but not soaked.
- Rub this cloth on the stained area over the wall.
- If the stain of oil is set in, then apply a little pressure over the stain.
- Continue this process, till the stain disappears.
- Let the stained area get dry.
Some of the other ways to remove oil stains from walls are as follows;
- Apply soap with water on the oil stain and wipe with a clean cloth.
- If the soap method does not work, then rubbing an eraser over the mark works in most of the cases of oil stains on the wall.
- One of the interesting and effective methods is to roll out a slice of bread over the stain on wall. Bread will absorb the excess oil and it will come off easily.
- Talcum powder can also be applied over the oil stain to remove excess oil from the wall.
The above are a few effective ways to remove oil stains from walls.