How to Clean Bronze Flatware
Bronze flat wares are attractive addition to any kitchen and they also add a class to your dining room. Bronze flat wares are made from copper alloy with or without nickel plating. Bronze flat wares comes in decorative or plain designs. Decorative pieces may require special care to clean them. Also, bronze flat wares contain copper which can erode and corrode. Thus, cleaning bronze flat wares require different methods which are described in this article, read on for more information.
Ways to Clean Bronze Flatware
For cleaning bronze flatware, you may need bronze polish, polishing gloves, soft clean clothes, mild dish washing liquid and water. The following are a few ways to clean bronze flatware:
- Lay a soft cloth over the area to avoid staining and wear gloves to protect your hands.
- Read the manufacturer’s instructions over the bronze polish pack and apply the polish.
- Apply a thin layer on the bronze flatware and leave for a few minutes.
- Then, wipe the polish with a soft, clean cloth.
- The process can be repeated till it gets desirable clean.
- Prior to its use bronze flat wares require thorough washing with a mild detergent.
- After washing, you must dry a bronze vessel with a clean and soft cloth.
- To prevent further tarnishing, you must wrap the flatware in a dry cloth.
Some Important Facts
The following are a few important tips and facts which should be kept in mind while using bronze flat wares:
- Never leave a bronze flatware soaking in water as it will lead to stains, which can be quite difficult to remove.
- After use, immediately wash and dry the vessel.
- If you are unable to remove tarnish, it means there is lacquer coating on the bronze flatware. You must contact the manufacturer to remove lacquer coating.
- Bronze flat wares are a good investment, you must protect them.
The above are some of the ways to clean bronze flatware and some useful tips to care for bronze flat wares.