How to Clean Insulated Lunch Boxes
There are a variety of insulated lunch boxes available for kids in the market these days. Sending your kid homemade lunch is an inexpensive method to ensure your kid is having healthy lunch in school. Cleaning insulated lunch boxes can be a difficult task for a few people as leaks and spills can cause smell in the lunch boxes. This article talks about a few ways to clean insulated lunch boxes, read on for more information.
Ways to Clean Insulated Lunch Boxes
To clean insulated lunch boxes, you would require a dish detergent liquid, water, sponges or soft cloth and towels. The following are a few ways to clean insulated lunch boxes:
- Fill the sink with warm water.
- Mix a small amount of dish detergent liquid to the water in sink and agitate properly.
- Take a soft cloth and moist with the soapy water and remove excess moist, so that it is just moist.
- With the soap moistened cloth, wipe the exterior and interior of the lunch box.
- It would be easier to clean if the lunch box can be put into sudsy water. Then scrub with a soft sponge or cloth.
- Now, rinse it with a cloth moistened with clean water or run it into water.
- Dry it with a towel.
- Let it air dry completely before use.
- It is very important to air dry it completely when you are submerging it in water as the insulated filling is likely to get wet.
To remove odors from the lunch boxes, you will require baking soda, bleach, spray bottle, sponge or soft cloth and towels. In a spray bottle, fill water with a weak bleach solution and spray it onto the lunch box. Wipe it dry with a clean soft cloth and leave it for stir drying. The other method involves sprinkling of baking powder inside the insulated lunch box and leave it for overnight. The baking soda will absorb the odor and can be removed out in the morning. The above are a few ways to clean insulated lunch boxes.