Vinegar Uses for Cleaning
Vinegar can be used to clean many surfaces in house. Cleaning with vinegar is one of the best way to avoid hazardous cleaners. It is also a safer, cheaper and easier on the environment. The cheaper white vinegar available in the supermarket is best for cleaning purpose. The acetic acid present in vinegar is an effective deodorizer, disinfectant, cuts soap scum and grease, inhibit mold growth and dissolve mineral build up. Read this article to know about other benefits and uses of vinegar cleaning.
Uses of Vinegar Cleaning in Kitchen
- In kitchen, vinegar can be used to clean the following surfaces:
- To give a shine to your kitchen sink and make it look like a new, prepare a paste of 1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar and 2 tablespoons salt. Scrub the sink with this paste.
- To clean the kitchen counter tops which appear perma dirty, just soak a cloth in undiluted white vinegar and wipe the surface. Windows cleaning can also be done in the same manner.
- Vinegar is also use to clean the baking smell in microwave. Soak a sponge in white vinegar and wipe off the inner surface of microwave and leave it open for 15 minutes. You will get rid off the baking smell in microwave and it will also shine like a new one.
- Various grease and oil stains in the kitchen can be effectively removed by vinegar. Simply pour some vinegar on the greasy surface and wipe off with a damp cloth after sometime. Dishwasher can also be cleaned in the same manner. Cleaning coffee maker with vinegar gets you rid from coffee stains.
Cleaning Dirty Clothes -
- The lint which is appearing on your dress fabric can be easily removed by vinegar. Simply put half cup of vinegar in the wash cycle.
- Sometimes, white clothes lose their attraction just after the first wash. To maintain its charm, simply put 1/4th cup of white vinegar in the final stage of wash cycle.
- Dirty kitchen clothes can be cleaned effectively with white vinegar. Boil vinegar in a large pot of water and soak the clothes in it and wash as normal after a few hours.
- The tough stains of ketchup can be removed by a simple solution of water and white vinegar.
- When vinegar is used for washing clothes, it scrapes and removes the last particle of dirt and dust.
Vinegar for Sparkling Bathroom -
- Various kinds of molds and mildew can grow in bathrooms, although they are cleaned on a regular basis. Make a solution of equal parts of distilled vinegar and water and spray in the corners and floors of the bathroom. Scrub as you do usually and wash it to see the difference.
- Toilet bowl can be cleaned by spraying vinegar and vigorously scrubbing. You can also deodorize the bowl by simply adding 3 cups of vinegar in the bowl and leave it for 30 minutes Then flush it.
- Shower heads become clogged now and then. These can be easily removed by adding distilled white vinegar to it. Leave it for night and wash normally in the morning.
Other Important Uses of Vinegar
- Stickers leave a black mark when they are removed from any surface. Simply soak the sticker in white vinegar for a few hours and they can be easily peeled off.
- You can also polish your precious old furniture with a mixture of distilled white vinegar and olive oil. Remove dust from your furniture and wipe it with this solution. This cleaning method also prevents furniture from potential decay.
- Cleaning leather shoes with distilled white vinegar can also give shine and life to your shoes.
Thus, above points reveal that white vinegar has power which goes beyond satisfying palates. It is an extremely important solution in your household. Cleaning with white vinegar makes the job of cleaning in your household a job of minutes.