How to Make Homemade Hardwood Floor Polish
Hardwood is an expensive investment in your home flooring which gives a stunning appearance to your home. To give such a shiny appearance to the hardwood flooring which enables you to see your own reflection in it when you walk on, you can prepare homemade hardwood floor polish. The polish available in the market are toxic and also expensive. Sometimes, these ready made polish gives a dreary look to the floor and make it more worse than before. This article talks about some of the easiest ways to prepare hardwood floor polish at home.
Ways to Prepare Hardwood Floor Polish at Home
The following are a few easiest and natural ways to make homemade hardwood floor polish:
- This is the most basic kind of floor polish and presumably one of the easiest ways to prepare at home.
- Take a gallon of warm water and mix half a cup of white vinegar.
- Now, wet the sponge and squeeze out the excess solution, apply this solution onto the floor and regularly rinse it in the other bucket of clear water.
- This process can be repeated till the desired result is obtained.
- This is the method for those kind of hardwood floors which still possess a little shine.
- The second easiest method to make homemade hardwood floor polish is with the ingredients easily available in your kitchen.
- Take 1 cup of vegetable oil and mix 1 cup of vinegar into a bowl and stir well. Ensure the measurements are accurate otherwise you will ruin your hardwood floor.
- With the help of a cleaning rag, wipe the solution all over the floor.
- Now, rinse the rag in clean water and then dry with a dry and fresh cleaning rag.
- The third method is a little tedious method to prepare homemade hardwood floor polish as it requires stuff that needs to be purchased from the market.
- Take Â¼ cup of beeswax (grated ) in a bowl which has to be kept in boiling water pan to melt it. Now, mix Â¼ cup of turpentine oil into it and continuously stir it.
- To give a pleasant smell, you can even add some fruit extract. Make sure the floor should be meticulously clean before applying the polish.
- With the help of a sponge, clean off the extra polish and leave it to dry for 12 to 24 hours.
- To make polish for laminated hardwood floors, take 2 cups of water and white vinegar in a bowl, 1 cup juice of fresh lemons and Â¼ cup of dish washing liquid soap (dye free and scent free).
- Mix the above ingredients well. Now with the help of a sponge, apply the solution on the floor with regularly rinsing the sponge in clean water.
- To clean the excess polish, use a dry rag.
- This method does not deal with mixing the ingredients to prepare polish, but uses several products which can be made to give a new life to the hardwood floors.
- Minerals oils, like linseed oil and tung oil can be used to clean the hardwood floors.
- Another great idea to clean the hardwood floor is the hot water in which tea bags have been dipped. This brings a brown look back to the floor.
- Baby oil and baby shampoo mixed in warm water can also be used as a polish for hardwood floors.
The above are a few natural and easiest methods to prepare hardwood floor polish at home.