Kitchen Backsplash Ideas
The kitchen is the most important area of any house and this is the first room where a woman enters in the morning. Hence, a clean and beautiful kitchen is every woman’s dream. There are various kitchen backsplash ideas which can be used to make your kitchen a dream kitchen. A distinguishing backsplash in the kitchen creates a focal point that would jazz up the dÃ©cor. You can make use of exotic murals, mosaics or tiles to create a nice kitchen backsplash. Read this article to know more about kitchen backsplash ideas.
Important Kitchen Backsplash Ideas
The following are the following kitchen backsplash ideas which can be chosen according to your wish:
Mediterranean kitchen backsplash
â€“ If you are a person who likes versatile bright colors in your kitchen, then this kitchen backsplash dÃ©cor is for you. You can get various colorful and hand painted tiles in the shades of darker tones like blue which are perfect for Mediterranean look of the kitchen. You can decorate only the backsplash area or you can get it done in the whole kitchen. This style would blend well with earth tones countertops and cabinets.
Ancient world kitchen backsplash
â€“ If you like to give an old world feel to your kitchen,then you can go for this theme. This look would give a comfortable and cozy atmosphere to the kitchen. Some materials used for ancient style kitchen backsplash make use of marble, chipped tiles, cobblestone or other materials which offer subtle earthy tones like brown, beige and gold. Mosaics and hand painted tiles can also be used. A copper backsplash or tin backsplash can also be great choices to give ancient look to the kitchen.
Contemporary kitchen backsplash
â€“ This is the most popular and latest kind of kitchen backsplash. This style would comprise smooth and sleek surfaces which are very easy to clean. The materials used in contemporary kitchen backsplash are usually metal backsplash like tin and stainless steel and granite backsplash.
Tips for Kitchen Backsplash
A few tips that should be kept in mind before beginning the work of kitchen backsplash :
- The color of cabinets and kitchen countertops should match well.
- Intricate designs or colors should not be given to the backsplash, use designs which give a soothing effect like mosaics and murals.
- The color of the tiles of kitchen backsplash should be in harmony with the cabinets and countertops. These colors should never compete for attention. The kitchen backsplash must provide the warm and bright appearance to the kitchen.
- For kitchen backsplashes, excess bright colors and textures should not be used. The texture should be smooth for contemporary styled backsplash and for an ancient theme, it should be rough.
- Do keep in mind the practical aspects like maintenance and cost in mind before heading further in kitchen backsplash project.
The backsplash is generally the most exposed part of the kitchen and thus it has numerous chances of getting dirty with food stains and various other activities of the kitchen. When this dirt gets accumulated, it becomes quite difficult to clean. Thus, it is very important to clean the backsplash everyday.
Your kitchen backsplash can make your kitchen look lively and with a beautiful backsplash in the kitchen, you will enjoy making food in the kitchen. The one good advantage of having a backsplash in the kitchen is that you can change it whenever you want to give a brand new look to your kitchen. You just have to keep in the mind the right color combinations of backsplash with kitchen countertops and furniture of the kitchen.