Indoor Privacy Screens
If you live in an apartment which is neither huge nor possess many walls to divide spaces and you want to hide some unpleasant corner of the room or create a small room, then you can make use of indoor privacy screens. This is one of the simplest and effective methods to change the look of your home. Privacy screens are very easy to use which gives a new look to your room. There are variety of indoor privacy screens to choose from which comes in cheaper ranges to higher price ranges. These screens are also called Japanese shoji screens and their history is long back to 8th century AD. Though, they were originally made in China and they became popular what they are today in Japan. This article talks about some ideas on indoor privacy screens; read on for more information.
Bedroom Indoor Privacy Screens
- Your primary concern for bedroom regarding privacy arises when you live in an apartment which neither qualifies to be a big one or lack walls to divide into spaces. Then you can get indoor privacy screens for your bedroom.
- Nowadays, there are various beautiful decorative room partitions available in market that would solve your privacy issues in home at a finger’s snap.
- You can also match these privacy screens with the color scheme of your home.
- The best thing about these privacy screens is that you are not limited by their use. You can use it to separate the part your bedroom to make a small study room or a living room to create a kitchen.
- To give a really nice and modern look, you can go for materials like bamboo, combination of canvas and metals or canvas screens with fancy prints on them.
- You can yourself create indoor privacy screens which would also be the best way to keep yourself busy.
Ways to Make Indoor Privacy Screens
Building a privacy screen is not a big task. Some instructions to be followed to make a basic privacy screen are as follows:
- Ensure about the size of the privacy screen as you can proceed only when you have the measurements and you will also be able to purchase the material in right quantities.
- A basic privacy screen can be made with just 3 or 4 panels.
- Number of panels will decide about the number of hinges required to make partitions. 6 hinges will be needed to join 3 panels and 8 will be required for 4 panels.
- Ensure you buy good quality of plywood, fabric or canvas for cover, whatever material you want to use.
- You will also need a stapler, a nail gun, batting and crown molding.
- Cut the panels according to the required height.
- Now, staple the batting to the panels. This will give a slight soft and cushioned feel to the panels.
- Now, go ahead with the fabric or canvas that you have selected for the indoor screen and fix onto the panel edges by nailing the crown molding.
- Then, attach all the panels together by using 3 hinges on both the sides of the central panel as it will hold the screen up well.
- Now, fasten the hinges over the panels and this makes the job of panel building complete. These panels can now be kept in the desired place.
The above are a few ideas for indoor privacy screens. Prints or fabrics that can be used for these panels may include oriental prints, damask, paisley prints, floral or even abstract prints.