Kitchen Pantry Ideas
The kitchen is the most important place in the home and everyone likes to own a beautiful, neat and clean kitchen. Nowadays, kitchens are very small in apartments, then it becomes very important to store everything in the right way. A pantry will store all the necessary ingredients and one of the important factor for quick and easy cooking is to know where the ingredients are placed in your kitchen. Thus, kitchen pantry is very important which needs to be set in a proper way and it can look beautiful too at the same time. Read this article for more information on kitchen pantry ideas.
Ideas for Kitchen Pantry
The following ideas should be kept in mind while designing and decorating a kitchen pantry:
- The very first thing to consider while making a kitchen pantry is to keep in mind the space that is to be allocated for pantry. It can be as small as a compact bookshelf or as large as a room. The space for a pantry depends on how much space you want ti allocate for it.
- Generally, a pantry is located next to the kitchen or is a kitchen extension. A pantry near to kitchen will help in streamlining the cooking preparation and also help in keeping track of the things requiring refilling.
- Some good ideas for kitchen pantry include the space having relatively cool temperature, low light, low humidity and good air circulation. These conditions will allow the foodstuff to stay fresh for a longer period.
- Then decide for the type of shelves and cabinets you want in the pantry. Some good ideas include shelves in sturdy wood which are not deep along the overhead cabinets for placing frequently used china.
- Shelves should be made wide but not too deep as it will pose difficulty in searching for the ingredients.
- These shelves can be used to store vegetable pickles such as capers, onions and gherkins that should be stored in cool and dry place.
- Large wicker baskets can also be placed under the shelves, which are used to store root vegetables like sweet potatoes, potatoes, garlic and onions.
- The corner cabinets which are hard to reach can be used to store non-food items such as baskets, candles, light bulbs, serving trays etc.
- The best kitchen pantry ideas include frequently used food items in the shelf at an eye level.
- These ideas also include grouping of ingredients of a favorite recipe together as it will save time for cooking.
- The back of the pantry door can be installed with a recessed shelf to store containers and spice bottles. Hanging racks can also be installed to store expensive and delicate stemware which is an innovative pantry ideas for kitchen. These ideas also serve the purpose of safety and out of kids’ reach.
The above are a few kitchen pantry ideas. Utilize every inch of the space available for storage. You need to think and plan carefully while designing kitchen pantry. Well, there are several small kitchen pantry ideas too where there is not plenty of space to walk in the pantry area of the kitchen. This include creating and hanging extra shelves in the kitchen premises and installing hooks for holding more items used in the kitchen. With a bit of ingenuity and planning, one can have a nice pantry in the kitchen to make cooking easier, faster and more interesting.